Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Editing upside down letter in photo

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DanM3


  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

Hi, my girlfriend has took a picture with her friends each holding a letter spelling out a word. But one of them is holding their letter upside down. I have Corel draw at work which I can use to edit it but no idea how to do it - can anyone offer any advice? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

  • Moderator
  • 7,214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !


I don't think Corel Draw will do it for you. It's years since I used it but it was, and I believe still is, a vector graphics package.




You could try selecting the offending letter in Corel Draw, 'cutting' it, pasting it into a new image, rotating it, then copying and pasting it back into the original. It might fit.


I would use a 'raster' graphics application for this sort of task. 'Paint' is fairly basic but built into Windows, 'Gimp' is freeware and available for both Windows and Linux and there are a number of commercially available products - Adobe Photoshop and Serif PhotoPlus to name but two.


Using any one of these the procedure would be much the same. If the letters were on card or board life will be much simpler. If this is the case, use the colour selection tool to 'pick' the colour of the background and paint out the letter on the card or whatever. If you have a font on your computer that is a reasonably close fit for the style used you might then be able to get away with just printing in the letter and using the colour picker to make the letter the correct colour.


If the letters were individual cut out letters life is going to be much harder if you can see background or indeed the careless friend through or around the letters. Then you are going to have to paint out the letter by painting in the background - your guess - and then paint in the letter the correct way round and allowing for her hands !  Actually, easier to paint in the correct letter first and fiddle with the bits it doesn't conceal after.


Really easy solution - any chance of getting your girlfriend to get her friends together and re-shoot the b** image ?


Chris Cosgrove

#3 Havachat


  • Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sleepy Hollow - Geelong - Go Cats.
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

Upload the Photo here and i can do it for you or someone else will.

Just state exactly what you require , i use Photoshop and would be and easy task to assist you to what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users