Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ubiquitously

ubiquitously

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:35 AM

I was just wondering, how do you set IE Explorer to not load sites from memory. I'm having to refresh my browser for everything, from email to forums so I can see the pages at their newest.

What kind of scares me is out of habbit I wipe my history; internet tools' cookies, temporary, and url history; I clean temp and %temp% folders; and I use norton system works to pick up anything that those might have missed, which usually is just that cursed perflib_perfdatxxx file, and some sites are still in its memory.

Seems like something I should have figured out by now but I just got done searching Dell and Intel site for 2 days trying to get info on my Dimension 4500 mobo. (Check my other posts if your'e interested.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:54 AM

almost sounds like your trying to hide an addiction :thumbsup:. Anyhow go to your internet options located under tools, , this is where you can have fun, there are two parts to this the second one is optional but may help.

First: Go to the settings for temporary internet file located on the general tab and click every time you visit the page. This should help with it not refreshing very often.

Second: click on the advanced tab scroll all the way to the bottom and find the option that says empty temp internet files when browser closes. Also internet options contains all the fun shortcuts to delete your internet cookies and temp files.

tell me how this goes

#3 ubiquitously

ubiquitously
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

i thought I've seen that setting somewhere.

I just made the changes, and its 3am here. So I'll let you know after I get some friggen sleep. :thumbsup:
But that looks like exactly what I needed.

TY a lot, (until I find out that it didn't work.)

#4 msittech

msittech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

If those changes don't work, ccleaner works wonders for cleaning out temp files! It is a freeware cleaning utility available at www.ccleaner.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users