Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinXp Home installed on 1 partition Linux Mint 17.1 on another, question?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ricey83

Ricey83

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hay,

K I have a dell dimension 5100 here to do me untill I build my own PC ren outta funds so kinda have to use this 4 a bit ughh, now mint works ok. Wht my question is I want to remove XP Home for a XP Pro black editon and stick it on a small partition. Can I remove the XP Home I have and install the Pro XP without interfering with my Mint install?

Also I want to install 2 more linux distros elementry and Tor... How would I go about doin that?

If I have to il wipe d mint I have.

Hope I get some help... Thank k all :-) have a good day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

from here http://www.ehow.com/about_7237075_windows-xp-pro-black-edition_.html

XP Black isn't an official Microsoft release, it's pirated. As a result, you're not going to find one standard Black Edition, nor are you guaranteed it will be free of malware.

The nickname is derived from its black or very dark desktop theme and the fact that it's an illegal version of XP, usually XP Professional.

There is no standard version of Windows XP Black. Not only is the OS pirated, but so is the software that's crammed with it. XP Black comes loaded with programs that would cost you thousands of dollars if you bought them properly. Depending on who puts the package together, you can get multiple versions of: browsers, CD/DVD burning software, business software--even security programs, which is ironic since it's almost impossible to find a Black Edition without malware.

Among the hacks in XP Black, it requires no serial number and it bypasses XP's Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) security measures.

Since you are asking about how to use pirated software, we will not be able to help you with your Windows question. If we did help you with this we would be encouraging you to use it.

Bleeping Computer rules, found here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/, state (bold red mine)

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

You can receive help regarding Linux and Tor.

Post in Linux & Unix forum for help with that http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/11/linux-unix/

This topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 June 2015 - 10:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users