Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Displayport issues on card

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Magnarider

Magnarider

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:14 AM

I just bought a MSI GTX 960 4 GB   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127860&cm_re=msi_gtx_960-_-14-127-860-_-Product    It has 3 displayports in the back. This is the first time that I have used displayports and I am unfamiliar with them. When I plug my monitor cables in to the card they have a loose connection to the card. If I wiggle the wires my monitor loses connection. I have to get the wires just right or they dont have connection. Is this normal? Are displayport connections finicky? The card is brand new. If I returned the card what should I buy for a replacement? I would like to spend about the same money and get the same performance? I will keep it if this is normal, but the HDMI wires done do this and the DVI dont do this. Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users