Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Security Help Page" Bogus warning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kosh75287

Kosh75287

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

I keep getting this warning, and with it an entreaty to call 1-888-292-3809 (and probably pay a lotta money) so they can "remove" all the adware/malware/pop-ups (although THEIRS is the only one I'VE seen so far). It also plays an audio which is most irritating, when there are other things to which I'd rather listen.

I tried running Windows Defender on it, but the computer acts like it doesn't have the CPU "horsepower" to run the program. 

Any good ideas concerning ripping the obstreperous extortion thingy that keeps interrupting my REAL computing?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Wizizard_*

Guest_Wizizard_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

Hi there!  :welcome:

Please follow my instructions below so I can help you clean the infected computer.

:step1: MiniToolBox

Please download MiniToolBox from here and save it to your desktop then double-click it.
Select the following checkboxes and hit go:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Once you've done that, a report (named Result.txt) will appear in the same directory as the tool was run - please copy and paste the contents of it into your next reply.

:step2: Adwcleaner

Please download Adwcleaner from here and save it to your desktop, then follow the instructions:

• Close all open browsers and windows, then double-click Adwcleaner.
  • Click the scan button - once it's finished scanning, click clean.
  • Your computer will automatically be restarted.
  • Once you're computer's restarted, it'll open a text document* - please copy and paste it into your next reply.

:step3: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here and save it to your desktop, then follow the instructions:

• Double-click mbam-setup-X.X.X.XXXX* and follow the on-screen prompts.
  • Make sure to uncheck the 14-day free trial!
  • Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select the big blue button, saying scan now.
  • At the end of the scan, click apply actions, then let the program restart your computer.

Obtaining the scan log:

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and click the history tab.
  • Select application logs.
  • Double-click the scan log, which has the time and date of when you ran the scan.
  • Select export, then copy clipboard.
  • Paste the log into your next reply.

Wizizard  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users