Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard doesn't work and system shuts off by its self on win 8.1 and 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hackercoolio

Hackercoolio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

Hello so yesterday morning i woke up and i got on my laptop. and realized my keyboard stopped functioning so i restarted it mouse was working but the keyboard only worked for a second after the windows startup. so i formatted the computer again to windows 8.1 after installing few software's and drivers my computer went for a restart. when the system started up. the keyboard had stopped functioning again. at first i thought it was because there was some sort of virus in my files that i had transferred back on my computer. later i downloaded latest version of windows 10 installed it on 2 computers my brothers and mine. it seems to work perfectly fine with my brothers computer... after installing it on my computer the keyboard was working and running smoothly  until i installed the windows update which gave problem with my graphics card driver and i thought it was because of my wireless card disconnected from internet. so i restarted the computer and again i'm stuck with a non working keyboard. and yes i have also checked ease of access.

so i don't know anymore what to do please help me? is there is problem with Nvdia gtx 780m graphics driver or is there a windows update causing this? 
i'm sorry for the long paragraph. thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

Have you tried another keyboard?  You can plug a USB keyboard into the ports on the sides of the laptop.
As the problem occurs in both 8.1 and 10 - I'd have to wonder if there's a physical problem with the keyboard.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users