Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

case fan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jongo123

Jongo123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

My case has two fans. One is on top, which draws its power from the front panel. It works fine.

The other is on the side and needs to be plugged into the motherboard. It has a 2-pin connector

My motherboard is a GA-F2A88X-D3H. It has, as far as I can tell, three fan headers. One is 3-pin, the other two are 4-pin.

See picture.

http://s9.postimg.org/i816h55dr/8747_big.jpg

Where do I connect my 2-pin fan?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

can you provide a pic of the fan connector?  Is it a molex connector? or is it small enough to fit on the 3 pin header.  You can put the 2 pin connector on the 3 pin motherboard header as long as it fits.  The third wire is for polling fan speed and although not required it is sometimes nice to see/adjust fan speed.  You can also get a 3 pin fan to 4 pin adapter (to connect to mobo) or 3 pin fan to power supply molex adapter. (to connect to PSU)

Edited by YeahBleeping, 22 June 2015 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users