Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 Monitors, Having issues with game to play on main monitor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tyler1978

Tyler1978

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Not sure if anyone can help. It's getting frustrating. Tried Google, but haven't been able to find a resolution. I have 3 monitors on my desk, One is a actually a 40" 1080p TV with HDMI. The other two are 23" Viewsonics with DVI inputs. I'm running a Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 card, Custom built rig (i7, 12 Gigs of ram, Windows 7 Ultimate, etc..). Game in question I'm trying to play is Call of Duty Advanced Warefare. (I do not play very many games at all just a few first person shooters, I'm old. lol)

Now the issue, Nvidia installed some updates and now when I try to play COD it moves the screen to one of my smaller side monitors instead of the 40" tv that I want to play it on. In windows display properties, I have the TV selected as my "main monitor". I've tried poking around in the Nvidia control panel as well as the COD settings control panel. I can't seem to do anything to get the game to play full screen on my TV. I can change the game to a windowed mode and move that over to my main tv monitor and it'll work, but can't get it to go full screen there. Any advice or suggestions on how to get this to work? 

EDIT- Nevermind, I was able to figure it out on my own. For some weird reason, I had to go into the COD video settings, lower the resolutions, then go to the monitors tab to select which monitor and move it to the tv, then restore the resolution to native 1080p resolution. Works fine now. It was a weird issue. Hope this tip helps out anyone else that ends up in the same boat. Best regards.

Edited by Tyler1978, 20 June 2015 - 01:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users