Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i can't open the mdb file. how can i open this file?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaylux

kaylux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hello, 
<config>Windows Xp-sp2, i have time card software. backend msaccess files. 
one particular mdb file corrupted. please give the correct solution. 
i can't open the mdb file. how can i open this file?

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2015 - 10:39 AM.
Moved from Programming to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

If you have Microsoft Access and it tells you the file is corrupted then nothing will probably open it. I am not sure Libre Office can open it as MDB is a proprietary format. You could try converting it to a txt, CSV, or XML file and then import the CSV or XML file into a spreadsheet.

http://ccm.net/download/download-5372-mdb-converter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

"Corrupted" means "damaged"...that being the case, you cannot expect the file to function as it should.

You can try running the chkdsk /r command on the partition containing the file...it will attempt to make the file readable/functional, but there is no guarantee of desired results.

Louis

#4 liammay

liammay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

Before attempting to revover data from a damaged .mdb file, consider that you may still have the option of recoving a previous version of the file intact. From Windows Explorer, right click on the file and choose the option 'Restore previous versions', which hopefully will list at least one version to restore form.
read more information here: 
http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/questions/the-database-is-not-accessible-after-restore/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users