Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beginner for programing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LukaV

LukaV

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

I want to start game programming, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me which program is best for beginners and some tips would be good.  :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer,

Maybe you want to take a look at this Unity

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

If you are a beginner-beginner, try Python or Batch because they are easy to learn and start making simple text-based games with.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 G_Money

G_Money

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

there are many resources out there and there is no concrete answer that anyone can give you, but if I had to recommend a language for someone completely new it would probably be Python. You can start with Youtube videos.

- User thenewboston has a good introductory series to python.  

http://www.diveintopython.net/ Great book for learning python.

- There is also a course on coursera that uses python to create games that is pretty good (should be the one offered by Rice university)

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

I recommend Codecademy for learning Python.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 wignall6

wignall6

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

I recommend you try https://teamtreehouse.com/ it's a good learning environment at a low monthly cost.

#7 camycent

camycent

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

I want to start game programming, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me which program is best for beginners and some tips would be good.  :thumbup2:

Ok.You can use java swing to do game programing at begining stage.

art game programming, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me which program is best for beginners and some tips would be good.  :thumbup2:

#8 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:44 AM

May I suggest you start by watching all the video's in this youtubers list 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9FzW-m48fn0MqDpfYOFaO2klgDNtRAuh

Game Maker - http://www.yoyogames.com/studio

I Love Lamp!

#9 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

Whichever direction you go, I also recommend looking at HTML and CSS, just to get familiar with them. It really doesn't take long to learn the basics of both.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

You'll hardly learn anything useful with HTML and CSS, it's not even "real programming" like Javascript, Java, C#, C++, etc.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#11 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

I haven't even tried my hand at many languages, but of the ones I've tried - C# and Action Script both incorporate Mark-up languages for easy building of front-ends (or user interfaces), which are analogous to relationship between Javascript and HTML. C#, AS and JS also all support CSS.

Maybe those are the only ones that are like that, but I was under the impression that a lot of higher-level languages were set up like that.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

They are still not fundamental parts of these languages. Learning HTML/CSS won't teach you the logic behind programming, functions, methods, classes, etc.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#13 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:32 PM

Be wary, game programming is not for the faint hearted. It requires years of programming experience. There are no shortcuts.

Production of commercial products such as for XBOX can take a team of 50  highly skilled  programmers over 2 years to produce.

Are you new to programming? If so I suggest that you first master your programming skills, Python is a good starting point as it uses both procedural and object oriented techniques.

You can then learn Java to produce simple Android games with the Eclipse IDE

Edited by tealover, 09 October 2015 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users