Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cheaptest gaming laptop.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 SoapTurtle

SoapTurtle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

Ok so my current laptop is bleeping itself with bsods display driver failures and anything else you can name. I'm trying to find a good gaming laptop. Why a laptop? Because i travel a ton. Anyway im trying not to break bank but i dont exactly want a weak computer either. I'm honestly kind of new to the whole build your cp thing. Does anyone know any websites or good laptops that can get me playing games at least at 50=60 fps. in the 500-1000 catagory range?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

There's a good chance you could save the money by reloading your current machine.  From the issues you describe they are all software and a reload might take care of all of them.

#3 SoapTurtle

SoapTurtle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

There's a good chance you could save the money by reloading your current machine.  From the issues you describe they are all software and a reload might take care of all of them.

Do you mean the refrsh pc option? that saves files but reloads system?

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

IMO do a complete reload, save your data then do it right.  Recently I had an issue and did a restore saving my files, big mistake!  Something was left behind, more issues surfaced.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#5 SoapTurtle

SoapTurtle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

IMO do a complete reload, save your data then do it right.  Recently I had an issue and did a restore saving my files, big mistake!  Something was left behind, more issues surfaced.

Phil

Ah i see. So you think a complete restart would fix my stupid driver crashes and BSODs phil?

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Yes you will start out fresh, it will take a little time to sort through what you want to save.  I do full scans of all saved data to try to eliminate any junk that may be mingled.  What does take some time is reloading programs and a ton of MS updates.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

Topic continued here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580080/help-finding-a-gaming-laptop/

To avoid confusion and duplication for everyone, another topic in Computer Gaming forum deleted, and this one closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users