Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet is sooooooooooooo slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hman123467

hman123467

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

Hi all,

My internet has recently been running really slow. It is not due to malware I think. But I reckon it is a problem with the usb dongle that I use. I can connect to our wifi 2 ways
1. USB dongle
2. Ethernet
I have tried troubleshooter but is has failed me

Cheers,
hman out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

When connecting to a wireless network (Wi‑Fi), your Internet connection speed can be affected by both where your computer is located and whether other wireless devices are in the same area.

Wireless networks operate on frequencies that are similar to those used by other devices, such as microwave ovens or cordless phones. Operating a 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) cordless phone next to your 2.4 GHz wireless laptop can cause interference, or completely block the wireless network connection.

If you want to make phone calls while surfing the web, either use a wired telephone or a cordless phone that operates at a different frequency than your wireless network.

or their may be virus problem.....

Two of the most frequent causes of poor Internet performance are spyware and viruses. Spyware can slow your system by interfering with your browser and monopolizing your Internet connection. Spyware monitors your Internet use and keystrokes, which adds delays. The problem is compounded when there are multiple spyware programs running at the same time. If the problem is severe enough, you can lose connectivity altogether. To get your Internet performance back, you should regularly run an antispyware program to clean out any spyware infestation

Computer viruses can also cause poor Internet performance. When a virus infects a computer, it installs computer code which will attempt to propagate itself, usually by sending copies of itself through e‑mail. Some viruses can multiply at the rate of hundreds of e‑mail messages per minute, which leaves little computing power and Internet connection bandwidth for anything else. Viruses often don't give any obvious indication that they are running, so it's best to run your antivirus software at all times.

Browser add-ons also cause performance problems. Browser add-ons are programs, such as multimedia add-ons, search bars, or other programs that usually appear on your browser's toolbar. Many browser add-ons can add to a rich browsing experience, offering multimedia or specialized document viewing. However, some add-ons can slow your Internet connection. If you suspect that add-ons are causing slow performance, try starting Internet Explorer in Add-ons disabled mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users