Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Compromised

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mojo_Radio

Mojo_Radio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

I'm running Windows 7 on a custom built PC my wife made. I'm currently having a lot of issues that would lead me to believe someone has remote access to my PC. My Steam account seems to be compromised, as my name keeps being change, my friends deleted, and other random changes I can't explain. My email has random emails deleted that shouldn't be. They don't seem to do anything overly malicious, just annoying.

I have used multiple virus scanners and anti-malware including: Spybot Search and Destroy, Comodo Antivirus Scanner, MBAM, and Hitman Pro, all of which were unable to detect any problem other than superficial ones. I shut down my computer completely, disconnected it from the internet, and ran all 4 of these virus scanners again with no luck. I have also tried manually monitering my PC activity on Task Manager to see if any keyloggers were running to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, they would be greatly appreciated. There is some sensitive information on my computer, as well as it being just a plain annoyance.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechTorpedo

TechTorpedo

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

The problem is the wife made it! JK  :)

Have you installed he latest window update? and tell me you don't have teamviewer or any other similar remote desktop software installed either? Plus your not signed in to your sons computer or something like that are you?

#3 Mojo_Radio

Mojo_Radio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

There's no TeamViewer installed, I checked for any programs that wouldn't have been installed by my wife or I. Everything on my computer is up to date. And I'm not signed into my son's computer no.

#4 nemico

nemico

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

I would disconnect completely from any ethernet connection. Run it a couple of days, and observe if any thing has changed. But first, set up a new admin user, with different password; then disable any other users. Run it as is for couple of days, observe for changes. If no changes occur, connect to the internet again. Observe and you should have an idea of where the trouble is coming from.

Long process. - hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users