Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BROADBAND YELLOW TRIANGLE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LRAYT

LRAYT

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

I live in the Philippines out in the country away from the city because of location have to use broadband internet.    Up till a couple weeks ago it was not all that bad and especially during off peak hours, early morning. 

The signal is not all that good and I installed an 850-2100 MhZ signal booster, really helped and eliminated several problems. 

All of a sudden unable to connect to the internet during day time hours.  I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point and no internet access.  Signal strength is above 90%, good strong signal but no access.  During off peak hours, midnight to 8 or 9 AM there is no connection problem and for here it's fast.

I have tried a different laptop and also a differnet USB modem, new SIM card and have the same results, no internet access during peak hours.

Have a paper trail at least a mile long to the internet provider and their response is always the same thing......"We are sorry for your inconvenience and have forwarded your problem to our technical team."  Biggest problem is "THEY"  are the only game in town!!!!  No choice, tried the competition and the connections is so slow that it is not usable.

Can anyone offer suggestions for sloving this problem. 

I am 70 years old and retired, the internet is my link to the outside world and am tired of getting up at 2AM to get online!!!!

thanx,

LRAYT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

I am not sure this will work but see if changing your DNS servers to OpenDNS or Google DNS solves the problem. Write down any current DNS servers addresses in case you need to revert. Remember to flush your DNS and browser caches.

#3 LRAYT

LRAYT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Thank you.  I will give it a try once I figure out how to do it. I am at a loss for this and am getting absolutely no help from the broadband provider.

Have taken laptop and USB modem to other locations and no problems.  This leads me to believe it's the iternet provider and not mine.  Why will my set up work in other locations but not my home.  Here again I can get online in off peak hours making no system changes,

thanx,

L

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

I have to agree that your ISP is the problem because the problem only occurs during certain times. I am not too sure changing the DNS server will fix the problem. I think it is your ISP that may be giving you the runaround. They probably know that internet access is being cut to certain people at certain times. I would demand they send out a tech during your down time.

Are you connected to a router/gateway? If you can access it via an IP address from a browser there may be a setting that is not letting you access the internet at certain times. I know most routers can be set to not allow internet access at certain times. But, if this problem has only recently occurred then a setting in the router is probably not the problem.

Have you tried restarting the router/gateway when the problem is occurring?

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 June 2015 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users