Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jongo123

Jongo123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

I've assembled my computer, now I'm trying to install Windows.

I try to boot from DVD. It shows the "windows is loading files" screen, then goes to this screen, where it freezes.

I've left it running for a couple of hours, and it doesn't go beyond that point.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

It's an external DVD drive with a USB connection. Could it be that the USB drivers aren't loaded yet?
But if so, how did it work that far?

The drive and the system disk seem to work fine. I've tried booting my old computer from them, and it goes to the install screen without problem.

Can I install Windows in a new disk on my old computer, then move that to my new one? would that even work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

If you have access to another computer can you just transfer the Windows loader to a USB stick and use that on your new computer?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Bat.1

Bat.1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

Your best option is to mount the ISO to a USB drive as stated above. One thing You might try before doing that is make sure Your DVD drive is connected to a USB2 port, not a USB3 port, and the port is native to the MOBO, not something like a port on the case.

#4 Jongo123

Jongo123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the replies.I've managed to sort out the problem. It was a faulty hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users