Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my GPU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rainbrew

Rainbrew

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

Currently running on a gtx 560 and I want to upgrade soon. I'm thinking about a gtx 960, however an r9 280 provides similar performance for a lower price. However AMD's new 300 series is out and I have no clue whether I should go for a 380, 280 or a gtx 960, any help here? I have a 600w power supply and an i7 2600. Also another question, are Palit and 3Dclub decent brands? They offer GPU's for lower prices than competitors which makes me very sceptical about their quailty. 

Edited by Rainbrew, 19 June 2015 - 09:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greenbeen2

Greenbeen2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

You should go with a gtx 970, its a little bit more pricey than the gtx 960 but it is practically a 980 with less cuda cores.

#3 Rainbrew

Rainbrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

In my country that thing costs alot of money and even checking it on newegg for the Americas there's a 140 usd price diffrence between the 960 and 970, which is waaaaay off my budget. That's why I'm asking about these specifically, because they're within what I can spend on a gpu (260 usd is even stretching it), but does anyone know anything about 3Dclub and Palit? From what I've read up 3Dclub has some good quality cards but people are mixed on Palit. Still no clue about which card to pick though

Edited by Rainbrew, 19 June 2015 - 02:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users