Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to company's WiFi. Never experience this before

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vionratio

Vionratio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:12 AM

I think My company has prevent all windows and android from connecting to my company's WiFi. I've tried Samsung and Sony but still not able to connect to their WiFi, not just me but other colleague who using android and Windows. However, we can connect to WiFi using iOS, mac os and Symbian. Surprisingly, one of my colleage's xiaomi note able to connect to WiFi but the other using redmi also having same issue. 

Is that really possible that my company able to banned all android and windows from connecting to their WiFi. Is there a way that I can tweak something on android so that I am able to connect to my company's WiFi.

your reply and resolutions are much appreciated, thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

Yes, they block by MAC address, hence why all of the Apple devices work.  This is the company's network and most likely there is a policy in place that personal devices are not allowed on the company network.  Any attempts by you to get your device on the network could result in termination of employment.

I use a Karma Hotspot for access at work.  I don't use a lot of data so this is a perfect solution for me.  It also allows me to get around company blocks, if I so choose.

#3 Vionratio

Vionratio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Yes, they block by MAC address, hence why all of the Apple devices work.  This is the company's network and most likely there is a policy in place that personal devices are not allowed on the company network.  Any attempts by you to get your device on the network could result in termination of employment.

I use a Karma Hotspot for access at work.  I don't use a lot of data so this is a perfect solution for me.  It also allows me to get around company blocks, if I so choose.

Hi Kilroy, Thank you so much for your reply. I believe that they have that ability to do those thing banning devices other than Apple devices to connect to it. Now the only way to solve this is to buy a iPhone devices^^.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

Have you asked them why they seem to be blocking anything that isn't Apple?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users