Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Hijackthis Log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darkocean

darkocean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

One program I know I want out is Hitware Popup Killer Lite, it's very suspicious as it wont even show up in the Windows Task Manager yet I can find it in search for files and folders. :thumbsup:

I'd like someone to look over my log list and see if theres anything nasty.

Then when all the junk is out i'll make a nice clean restore point. (erased all restore points as I was having huge problems, comp freezing things not working, @_@ = lots of junk got in, want things clean before making another.) Thank you so much for any help! Also of you do help please give exactly what to do and how to do it, step by step. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------

Hijack This log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:41:10 PM, on 07/07/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Jessica\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gaiaonline.com/
O2 - BHO: PopThis BHO - {0549E6CB-9985-42F6-8FD6-4EC017E6AAE1} - C:\Program Files\Surfapps.com\PopThis! Free Version\PopThis.dll
O2 - BHO: RUPK - {604B283A-4E26-4504-98E7-72859F949547} - C:\PROGRA~1\HITWAR~1\sypcms.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mindful] C:\Program Files\Felitec\Mindful\Mindful.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HitwarePKLite] C:\Program Files\Hitware Popup Killer Lite\HitwarePKLite.exe
O4 - Startup: Mopy Points Collector.lnk = C:\MOPYFISH\GETPOINT.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp psc 700 series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp psc 700 series\Bin\hpobrt07.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {91663649-416A-42A5-8E54-B63C1ECA0548} - C:\Program Files\Surfapps.com\PopThis! Free Version\PopThis.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PopThis! Options... - {91663649-416A-42A5-8E54-B63C1ECA0548} - C:\Program Files\Surfapps.com\PopThis! Free Version\PopThis.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {EF6E7E56-9229-4C73-AAD0-15316405DB95} (Easy Photo Uploader) - http://js322.photosite.com/~site/UploadBox...oadBox_live.cab
O16 - DPF: {FFFFFFFF-CAFE-BABE-BABE-01AA0055595A} - http://www.truesuite.com/trueblock/TrueBlockInstall.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

Hello there,

It is a good idea to print off these instructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available. You may also like to save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above. It is important that you complete the following instructions in the correct order, and also that you don't miss anything out!

Please move HijackThis to another location, preferably c:\Program Files\HijackThis. Anywhere is fine, other than your Desktop or a Temp folder. If HijackThis is in a temporary folder you run the risk of accidentally deleting the backups or it clutters your desktop with all the backups.
If you use Windows XP it might be that you just double clicked on the file HijackThis.exe, but that only extracts the file to a temporary folder. Please select the file and Extract it to a folder.

How do you make a permanent folder:

Click "My Computer", then "C:\" and then on "Program Files".
In the menu bar, "File"->"New"->"Folder".
That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have "C:\Program Files\HijackThis". Put your HijackThis.exe there.

You are missing one important program on that computer: An antivirus.
This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.
You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer.
AVG, Avira OR Avast are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!
Zonealarm, Agnitum Outpost Free OR Kerio are FREE firewalls.
Understanding and using firewalls

*Now start a new scan with HJT and place a checkmark next to each of the following items (if present):

O16 - DPF: {FFFFFFFF-CAFE-BABE-BABE-01AA0055595A} - http://www.truesuite.com/trueblock/TrueBlockInstall.exe

* Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed and click on "Fix Checked" and exit HijackThis when finished.

Although Hitware Popup Killer Lite is not technically malware, I think it is of dubious repute. I would recommend uninstalling it and perhaps use a more trusted popup blocker, such as that installed with the google toolbar which can be downloaded at the following link:
http://toolbar.google.com/index_xp.html

Reboot and let me know how the computer is running.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users