Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor not recognizing HDMI - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trevor1007

Trevor1007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

Thank you for clicking on my post  :)

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X

RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black

Power: 430W Corsair CX430

Overclock: 3800 to 3950 ( I know, I like to live on the edge :) )

Had this pc for almost a year now, built it myself.

Ok, so this morning I went to turn on my pc, and the monitor was not recognizing that the computer was turned on. I began troubleshooting; from blowing into the hdmi slots, to resetting the CMOS, nothing worked. I took to the idea that it was a problem on the monitor side, but after hooking up a laptop to it with the same HDMI cable, I know know this is strictly PC. While troubleshooting I noticed something very irregular, my Gpu (6 pin) was spinning slowly for 4 seconds, pausing for 1-2, then spinning slowly again. I figured this was me cheaping out on the power supply coming to bite me in the ass, but after unhooking everything except cpu (even unhooked its fan :P), 24 pin power supply in motherboard, and the gpu, the same problem persisted. I have no idea how this could have happened, I have not touched the hardware in well over a month, and the inside is practically dust free. Is their anything I can do? Or should I start shopping around for a new gpu?

*reminder: I have already tried resetting the CMOS.

Any and all replies are desperately appreciated!

Thanks,

Trevor

Edited by Trevor1007, 18 June 2015 - 10:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:33 AM

The fan should not be doing that it's probably about to sieze up. That failure in the fan may have blown your GPU. I tend to stay away from MSI. I have come across this issue more than once with them. IMO their fan/heatsinks are garbage. For after market fans and heatsinks I go to http://www.arctic.ac/us_en/ Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users