Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help choose between i5-4210U with Nvidia GT 820M or i5-5200U with Amd R5 M230

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 srikaneator

srikaneator

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

Hi,

im looking for a budget laptop for some video editing purpose.

i've zeroed in on based on the availability here.

lenovo G50 with

i5-5200U

8GB  DDR3L ram ( comes with 4GB but its got an empty ram slot. so i will add another 4GB stick )

AMD Radeon R5 M230 2GB graphics

dell vastro with

i5-4210U

8GB DDR3 ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M 2GB graphics

which one should i go for considering the three specs and manufactures. i dont know which is better. please help.

they both have about same cost i.e considering the extra ram i'll buy if i go for lenovo.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Essentially these two are exactly the same (if you upgrade to the 8GB).  You would see almost no difference between them if you had them side by side they would perform almost exactly alike.  So then you should go with whichever gives you the best warranty.

#3 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

Hi,

im looking for a budget laptop for some video editing purpose.

i've zeroed in on based on the availability here.

lenovo G50 with

i5-5200U

8GB  DDR3L ram ( comes with 4GB but its got an empty ram slot. so i will add another 4GB stick )

AMD Radeon R5 M230 2GB graphics

dell vastro with

i5-4210U

8GB DDR3 ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M 2GB graphics

which one should i go for considering the three specs and manufactures. i dont know which is better. please help.

they both have about same cost i.e considering the extra ram i'll buy if i go for lenovo.

Thanks.

My Opinion:

Go with Nvidia

Because they always provide latest drivers.

#4 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

I normally go Lenovo vs Dell.  I have had way more success with Lenovo then dell. 

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

I would definitely choose NVIDIA, even though the second combination has a newer processor.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users