Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A legit program wants to make changes to my computer, but I'm suspicious

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pharaoh215

Pharaoh215

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Yesterday my computer started asking whether I wanted to allow Windows Activation Technologies to make changes to my computer. I keep clicking "No," but it pops up again every thirty seconds to two minutes later. My computer has also become less responsive, briefly freezing every so often and not always registering when I click on something. I know WAT is a legitimate program from Microsoft, but I was on an untrustworthy site when it first started happening and I suspect something malicious got onto my computer and is trying to use the program to negatively affect my system. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with a 64-bit operating system on a Lenovo laptop. The program that keeps requesting permission is located at C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe . There's probably a lot more information you need--I've seen posts with huge logs of data--so please let me know what info you need and how to get it for you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users