Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrdcool

mrdcool

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

First post here -- having some trouble with a brand new built computer. While I have basic computer knowledge, most of the stuff I have searched and read is over my head. If anyone can help lead me to a solution, I'd be most appreciative.

I recently had a new computer built for me, all new parts except keeping my old hard drive (plus adding a new one.) This is pretty much what was put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hqzbf7

I'm running Windows 7, with a dual monitor display (the one in the link plus a Dell I already had.) I regularly get the "blue screen of death" - generally a few times per day, but with different error messages each time. I've gotten "change input timing...", "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "clock interrupt not received on secondary processor", etc. The machine also experiences occasional difficulty awaking from "sleep" and the CPU fan will frequently run very fast (4000+ RPMs).

I've installed all the drivers that came with the parts and checked for updates. I have Trend Micro anti-virus protection and System Mechanic Professional, and neither has found any hardware conflicts. I can't pinpoint a specific time these errors occur. I've gone a couple of days without any problems, and have had days with frequent issues. Otherwise everything runs great with the machine.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem is, that would be awesome. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

Have you tried updating the drivers?  Drivers that ship with equipment can be six or more months old by the time you install the part.  I'd suggest starting with the video drivers.

#3 mrdcool

mrdcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

Yes, all drivers have been updated.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

If the PC is blue screening, it may have created a minidump file containing information as to what caused it.  Are you able to look at those?  BlueScreenView can help with this.  Sometimes, these files are a bit vague and understanding what is causing it on a programming level can be difficult. 

3939.png

#5 mrdcool

mrdcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

I downloaded the program, and yes there are dump files that I can look at. But no, I don't understand them lol. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users