Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
- I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
- Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
- Instructions that I give are for your system only!
- Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
- Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
- Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.
Trojan.Malpack.Gen is usually a sign for Sality... Usually we recommend the users to format all drives and reinstall from scratch but if that is not possible I can try to clean the infection for you.
Let me check how bad the situation is.
Download and run the following MSFixIt tool and follow the prompts (reboot if asked) to disable Autorun.
Next please go ahead and disable System Restore temporary. See the link below for more information:
Disable System Restore in Windows 7
Download SalityKiller and save it to your desktop.
Next click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select "Run administrator".
Copy/paste the following text at the command prompt and press enter after it:
"%userprofile%\desktop\salitykiller.exe" -n -r -x -a -j -k -l c:\report.txt
A report file should be created in the root directory of drive C:\ => C:\report.txt
Please post the content of the log in your next reply.
Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows
Please click this link => Virustotal
When the Virustotal page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
Note, if VT says the file have already been analysed, make sure you click Reanalyse.
Please post back the link with the results of the scan in your next post.