Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My SIM card has got stuck!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John in Oman

John in Oman

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:46 AM

It seems it is not possible to remove this SIM card, so is there a device which allows one to use an external SIM?. I want to make calls from my Lenovo Tab A7-30 via IMO, but need the SIM to be able to do it. Thanks and regards. JH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Google "usb simcard reader" or "external simcard reader" Lots to choose from. Not sure which is most suitable for your device.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 John in Oman

John in Oman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:36 AM

Thank you for that. However we must remember there is a Sim card already stuck in the tablet!  I don't know the cellphone number as it was put in by my wife before passing the tablet on to me, and she can't remember the number!!.Please forgive me for what may turn out to be a stupid question, but would a new Sim in the reader override the one already in the tablet, or is it just going to read what is on that card?  

I hope i am explaining it correctly. Thanks again. JH

Edited by John in Oman, 19 June 2015 - 04:06 AM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

I don't know the definitive answer to that. For two reasons, I'm unfamiliar with the device you'll use the external sim reader, and your provider. Hopefully someone else may know that answer. But since these readers are even created one would think that you don't need to remove the internal one. Otherwise why would external readers exist. You would pull out the one inside and replace it when you wanted to use the 'other' sim. If the presence of two sim cards on a device is not something possible.

I'm not saying that is how it works, in actuality. Just that if it's not possible to have two sims present? Why even create a device that makes it possible to happen?

Hopefully someone with real world experience can fill in the additional information needed for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 John in Oman

John in Oman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

I had better try to find a Forum that specializes in cell phones and things. Thanks anyway! JH

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Best of luck to you. Sorry I didn't have all the information for you.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

have you tried tweezers (BUT,be very gentle as it may scratch the SIM, making it unreadable) or take it to you're nearest network carriers store and ask them to remove it for you.

they call me te java mayster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users