Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiding url for a specific website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:31 AM

I just opened a new business and wanted to impliment a digital time card system for my employees so it can log their hours. The problem is that the website for this service can be accessed from anywhere. I dont want them to have the ability to punch in from anywhere so I was wondering if there is a way to create a shortcut on the desktop at the office that will pull up the website without revealing the link. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:18 AM

Any help guys?

#3 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

I just opened a new business and wanted to impliment a digital time card system for my employees so it can log their hours. The problem is that the website for this service can be accessed from anywhere. I dont want them to have the ability to punch in from anywhere so I was wondering if there is a way to create a shortcut on the desktop at the office that will pull up the website without revealing the link. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best way is to create custom browser and disable the address bar.

I think you can use JAva FX,it has prebuild browser plugin.

or

You can tweak the Firefox to disable the address bar.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1042877

Edited by cybersa, 26 June 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#4 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

Thanks man ill try that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users