Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADWcleaner found 3 keys

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrankerZi

FrankerZi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:18 AM

So i ran ADWcleaner just to be sure that my system is clean and in the end it found 3 keys in the registry so i made a stupid move and i did clean on all of them and i didnt save the log

and now i am afraid i might have deleted something importent i can only remember one of the keys it was :hklm/software/class/s something like that

can anyone tell me if i remove something importent something can happen to my PC? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

If somthing important was removed a program or the operating system would react.
===

The items that were removed should be in the Quarantine folder.

How to open the folder.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/en/home/44-english/tutorials/software/313-how-to-use-adwcleaner-version-3-x#quarantaine

If key is important you can restore it.

If you decide to restore the key do as per the instructions on the site.

When restored.

Run the AdwCleaner tool and do just a Scan.
Post the log for my review.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hi FrankerZi :welcome: to BleepingComputer,

Can you check if you have a folder called AdwCleaner at the root of the C:\ drive?

If you have open the folder and inside you should have the log file in a file called AdwCleaner[S#].txt (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report) open it and copy & paste it contents to your topic.

Is there any problems that led you to run a malware scan?

Edit: It seems I posted at the same time as Nasdaq :) please disregard my instructions, you are in good hands...

Edited by SleepyDude, 20 June 2015 - 09:49 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,228 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Are you still with me?

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,228 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:36 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users