Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Constantly Freezes Up When Loading Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nooodle

Nooodle

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

when loading some web pages the computer freezes up and have to reboot to correct the problem, all cookies are enabled and have virus scanned and spyware scanned multiple times problem still persists. I also was curious if hijackthis might solve the problem? Forgot to mention that this a win ME computer

Edited by Nooodle, 08 July 2006 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

My name is Nooodle and I approve this message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Have you tried a repair of Internet Explorer?
How to Repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express in Windows
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

ok in win me there seems to be no repair option but when I just click the IE in the list the comp goes blue screen for a few seconds and this error comes up : Ieuninst general protection falt MMSYSTEM.DLL module 0004.00000dbc OE:017F:BFF8E64B and all I did was click the name I didnt try to uninstall it
Posted Image

#4 acooldozen

acooldozen

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:08 AM

......yes there is a repair option for IE6 in WindowsME

......Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs.........click on Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 & Internet Tools/click on Add/Remove and a dialog screen will appear with 3 options including Repair.
.......and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

#5 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

ok repairing does not help any any other options?
Posted Image

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

Try a different browser. Clean computer with a program like Ccleaner. run disc cleaner and defrag. You didn't say what programs you scanned with but Kaspersky and Ewido would be two good online scanners to use.
I see you have submitted a Hijack this log. Is it for a different computer?

Edited by buddy215, 10 July 2006 - 12:59 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

well I just decided to not use fire fox, Opera works fine so I just changed over to it I really have/had no real reason to use firefox other than pure curiousaty. Thank you for your help Buddy and all others.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users