Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Friend and I are making same graphics but they look different

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cassiereroni

cassiereroni

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

Nevermind, I think I got it so I deleted the question.  Now if I can just figure out how to delete entire post.  

uuggghhh!!  I just tried to change my profile picture, so I deleted the one that was there and tried to upload the new one but it won't upload and I don't understand why.  I've tried various sizes from 100x100 to 960x960 but nothing works...What am I doing wrong? 

cassiereroni

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 18 June 2015 - 06:25 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'General chat'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

Graphics can look different for any number of reasons, but as you say, you have solved that one !

Your profile photo :-  Click on your name in the very top right of the BC screen and choose 'Profile'. When it opens you will see that fetching silhouette in the top left corner of your profile - I think it looks just like you - and either click on it or hover over it and a 'Change' button will appear. Click change and the upload dialogue box appears.

Before you get this far, make sure that the image you want to use is as you would like it to appear, either cropped down to head and shoulders or a graphic that has taken your fancy or you have sweated blood over, and as for size, a mininum of 200 pixcels is recommended. then you have two choices -

If the image is on your hard drive, use 'Browse', browse to the image then click 'Done'. If the image is on say Dropbox, then enter the URL of the image in the URL box and click 'Import'. Once your file is uploaded you have a chance to edit it somewhat before you present it to the world.

I look forward to seeing if your image is even more fetching than your silhouette !  Send me a PM, that will have your profile image in it as well.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users