Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I keep receiving this error when i start my computer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MISSAYON

MISSAYON

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

there was problem starting c:\users\michelle\appdata\roaming\adobe\adobe\arroibs.dll

I download all adobe programs thinking maybe something became corrupted but that didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hi MISSAYON :)

If you go in C:\users\michelle\appdata\roaming\adobe\adobe, do you see a file called arroibs.dll? If so, can you upload it on VirusTotal and post the URL to the report here? Also, follow the instructions below please.

sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries
Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:
  • Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;
  • Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;
  • Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved;
  • Once done, post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 MISSAYON

MISSAYON
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

thanks for there reply, if I go to that location there is no file the folder is empty. 

when i get to the autoruns.exe folder and right click, my choices are open, cut,copy,delete and properties.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

You need to extract Autoruns.zip first, then go in the extracted folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and the option will be there.

Also, go in your Folder Options and check Show hidden files, folders and drives and unchecked Hide protected operating system file (recommended). Once done, go back in the folder. Do you see the file?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 MISSAYON

MISSAYON
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

if i click open i get a box that says this application may depend on other compressed files in this folder. 

for the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files. buttons below extract all run or cancel

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Right-click on Autoruns.zip and select Extract all.... After the extracted, a folder will open with Autoruns.exe. Then you can right-click on it to run it as Admin.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 MISSAYON

MISSAYON
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

i click the extract button and it opens another window which is empty :( i went to the folder options and did what you said as well. 

and tried again nothing

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

Download Autoruns.zip again and try another time. Maybe you already extracted it without knowing.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#9 MISSAYON

MISSAYON
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

I went in your above comments clicked on autorun.zip then it opens another window with autoruns.chm, autoruns.exe, autorunsc.exe

and eula.txt

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

Yes, now right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator then follow the instructions I posted in my first reply.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#11 MISSAYON

MISSAYON
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

if I right click on autoruns.exe my options are open cut copy delete properties. I do not get an option for run as administrator i'm i doing something wrong

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

Download the Autoruns.zip archive.
Right-click on Autoruns.zip and select Extract all.... Make sure the Show extracted files when complete option is checked.
Once it's done extracting, a Windows Explorer window with the content of the extracted Autoruns.zip archive will open.
Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users