Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So...you want to Invest in an Outback Australian pub...??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,785 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

https://youtu.be/GCFqmskh0oI

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

It's a long way for me to go for a pint, Condobloke. Do you mind if I stick to investing in my local supplier ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Great video clip, Condobloke - has anyone noticed the cat on the mantelpiece over the fireplace? Most Australian country pubs are animal-friendly and have a resident cat. Also they usually allow dogs in the bar. Ref: the movie "Red Dog". :)

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,785 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

@ Chris Cosgrove.....just for now Chris....that will be ok....but when the 'wanderbug' strikes, keep Oz on your list of priorities.....you never know you may have a tree/dust/outback/down under change in your future ...!!

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,785 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

@ violetrose.....good point mate !...

Based on the legendary true story of the Red Dog who united a disparate local community while roaming the Australian outback in search of his long lost master

Red Dog (c. 1971 – 21 November 1979) was a Kelpie/cattle dog cross who was well known for his travels through Western Australia's Pilbara region. There is a statue in his memory in Dampier, which is one of the towns to which he often returned.[3][4] Red Dog is believed to have been born in the town of Paraburdoo in 1971[5] and had a variety of names to those who knew him, including: Bluey, Tally Ho, and Dog of the Northwest.[6] Soon after Red's death in 1979, Australian author Nancy Gillespie wrote and compiled anecdotes and poetry written by several people of the Pilbara region for her book Red Dog[7] as did Beverly Duckett in her 1993 book Red Dog: The Pilbara Wanderer.[8] Red Dog's statue has caught the attention of a number of people passing through Dampier including British author Louis de Bernières, who was inspired to write a book loosely based on Red's legend called Red Dog.[9] A four-wheel-drive club has been named in his honour.[10]

Edited by Condobloke, 19 June 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,785 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

Talk about "laid back"....

33e4j28.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users