Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 970, no signal issue.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaydt19

jaydt19

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

I have had a strange ongoing problem.

Short Story, bought an MSI GTX 970 a month or so back. It worked for 3 weeks, then during a play of the witcher it crashed. I could not at all get it to send a signal to the monitor, so I sent it back in. In the meantime I put my GTX660 back in and it worked but had issues until I did a bios update and fixed my problems. A week later(yesterday) I received my new Computer case and an exchange of the MSI video card I bought. I put everything in the new case and the new video card in and again same problem, go to boot up and no signal to the monitors, fans begin to spin and then stop 10 seconds after. I have tried all 3 pcie slots as well. I also did remove old drivers before putting new card in. After messing around with it some more this afternoon i got frustrated and threw my gtx 660 back in and it starts up no problem, even the integrated graphics card was hanging up on windows start.

Here is where it gets strange, If I put my friends GTX 780 in my computer it works fine, if I put the GTX 970 I just bought into his computer it works fine. I cannot for the life of me figure this out.....

MSI Z77A-GD45 is my board.
MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G is my old card.

EVGA 750W PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

See http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2685377/video-card-incompatible.html .

Louis

#3 jaydt19

jaydt19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Yeah that was me asking on toms. I still have the same problem. I tested my card again on another friends computer and yep the 970 works. His 970 does not work in mine at all. And then another friend of mine i just found out has the exact same 970 and the exact same motherboard and he installed it without a problem. The only thing i can think of that is different is that i have the latest bios and he does not. I am not sure if that would cause an issue because i had the stock bios and i still had the same problem.

One of my friends was curious if my motherboard for some reason was just really attached to my gtx 660 and was not allowing me to upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users