Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure connection failed error message when logging in to bank

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MrMajeika

MrMajeika

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

I have never had any problems in the past accessing my bank but recently I can't log in. The homepage loads but when i click login it comes up

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to my.if.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I am using firefox. Any suggestions? Sorry if the answer to this is on the forums already but i need help I'm not great with computers

Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:16 AM

How to troubleshoot Secure Connection Failed Error Message in Firefox.

Tekken

#3 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

I have read through the truobleshoot and none of the error messages match mine. I am unsure of what i need to do

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:03 AM

Try clearing you cookies and history in Firefox or try a different browser just in case then check the difference. A similar thread with the same connection error.

Tekken

#5 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

Well i have run Ccleaner and it doesn't make a difference. I don't really want to delete my history. Could that make a difference?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:46 AM

Have you seen the thread link in my last post #4? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1058193 Part of cleaning temp files and cookies are the saved history as they are recreated (atleast) provided it is set not to be removed when closing the browser and also if using any software utility tool such as Ccleaner. The problem might have been also originating with your Bank security system and the browser configured default settings as suggested by the FF thread.

Tekken

#7 frustratedtoo

frustratedtoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

I'm having this exact same problem. My bank upgraded their website earlier this month. The first time I went to log in I got the same error message as OP. This occurred across numerous browsers and on different computers. From a pc, same thing using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome. Same thing on my macbook pro using safari (mavericks). Came back another day and finally got it working on the mac after clearing cache, clear all website data, allowing tracking, AND having to reset my comcast internet connection. I got on somehow and I saw that the website had a completely new design and customer interface. One week later....same problem! Its all back. on multiple computers and different browsers. I can't remember all the steps I went through before. And it was enormously a pain because it basically re-set every freaking website I go to. I call my bank. Pretty much they are idiots and refuse to respond in any fashion when I say it all started this month when you guys changed your website. They just try and talk me through clearing cache etc. In the end, they can't help me fix it and blame Comcast and tell me to call them. I call Comcast. They talk me through all the same freaking steps, clear cache, cookies, etc. and they can't fix it and blame the bank and tell me to call the bank. ARGH! Can anyone help with this?

#8 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

I, also, have this same issue across multiple devices and browsers.  Clearing the cache of everything does not help.  

Does anyone have an answer?

#9 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

Try clearing you cookies and history in Firefox or try a different browser just in case then check the difference. A similar thread with the same connection error.

Link no longer works.

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

Try this automated process instead http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/netadapter-repair-all-in-one/

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users