Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help With An Audio Codec

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JU$T1N

JU$T1N

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

Hello you,

I have a question;

-I downloaded a movie that I have really been dying to see.
-Anyways its an .avi movie and does not seem to have any sound on playback.

Here is what I know so far...

-Playing in MP11 does not give an error (just no sound)
-Playing in DIVX 6.2 produces error: "The video file you are opening includes audio data that is not recognized by the DixX Player. The file contains the following type of data: Audio data: Tag 8192.
You need to install a new audio codec yada yada.
-Googled Tag 8192
-Came to a couple of blog sites stating that they had some results with installing the AC3 Codec/Filter.
-I allready have that, with a Codec Packs I have from free.codecs.com (All-in-one/XP Codec Pack)
-Checked the Control Panel for AC3 settings... nothing going on there... hmmm...
-Next, I decided to download AC3 again, in case it was broken... nope... 3 times/xame error still.
-So I found another cool program online called: " GSPOT " (Tells you info on media files, codecs, timeline, etc)
-It said that I have the correct codec installed to play the audio which again was AC3

:With all that said, If this problem rings a bell to anyone, or if anyone could inform me something I am missing here, that would be great :thumbsup:

Thanks.
JU$T1N~1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JU$T1N

JU$T1N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

Solved It!

Scrap this question as I have figured it out:
-Installed an older (i guess, better Version of AC3 {0.7})
-Open the file and it now works just fine.

"Kickin back and enjoying the show"
JU$T1N~1

#3 curioustwo5

curioustwo5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

I just wonderring which version of the ac3filter should i install. I've encountered the same problem as you have. I've already downloaded and ac3filter but have not yet installed it.

#4 JU$T1N

JU$T1N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:47 AM

I had the newest ver which I think was 1.something.

I used the older 0.70b or something like that.
JU$T1N~1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users