Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to downgrade Internet Explorer from ver 11 to 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geno368

geno368

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

I have a newer computer running 8.1 that has IE 11 on it.  I have a program I use daily that doesn't support that version, only 8- 10.  How can I downgrade? (FYI, It doesn't support Chrome or Firefox as well)

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hi geno368 :)

Unfortunately, it's not possible to downgrade from Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8.1, since Internet Explorer 11 is the default web browser that comes with it. The only way to use Internet Explorer 10 would be to install Windows 8 as it's the default web browser. Did you try using the compatibility mode, and also add the web apps to your trusted sites list?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Try the following. Open IE 11. Press F12 to bring up Developer Mode. In the bottom pane select the icon next to Profiler ( down arrow below horizontal line). In the dropdown items select Emulation.  It should have a check mark next to emulation. Under User Agent select Internet Explorer 10. Under Document Mode select 10. Exit out of Developer Mode. Hopefully this will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users