Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multi disk Image

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 antonvs

antonvs

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

Advice please on setting up a bootable disk Image to an external HDD of a system that has Win 8.1 64bit on a 120Gb SSD and all installed programs on a seperate 2Tb barracuda HDD. I have purchased AOMEI Backupper but not sure if this can do the task.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

What do you want to do?  Make an image of the SSD and another image of the HDD?

AOMEI is capable of doing that.  BUT, do you have another disk that you can copy both images to?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 antonvs

antonvs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

Hi John, the system I have lost its 120Gb boot SSD drive and I had only made a win 8.1 boot image (PE I believe it's called). So the allowed me to make a clean new install. But what I haven't learnt to do is set up a bootable image of the entire 120Gb drive. I guess I can figure this out by using a plug in portable USB drive of at least 120Gb.

What I really fail to grasp is what is the procedure when the recovery is to take place. For when I added the new drive in my failed system and then placed the boot USB in and booted from it I was given the option to build a new system but I have not seen how to direct the process to read and install the hole 120Gb image (if I had have had that on a plug in drive)

I find it hard to express myself with this procedure as I guess I'm missing the concept. That is I know what I would like to do but struggle with how.
Cheers Anton

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

I have never used the AOMEI software and don't have it installed on my system - so I'm unable to give specific directions.

I'd suggest trying their support here:  http://www.backup-utility.com/help/restore.html

Or posting on their forums for specific advice:  http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users