Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this Toolkit any use?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:39 AM

Hey guys just though i would share.

I am currently working on building a tech/optimization toolkit that is very small and downloads each extra thing should you need it. Anyway I have attached the screen shot below, along with the virus scan link and also the download link should you wish to try it.

Its Functions:

• Creates a restore point - You must wait for this to complete before doing anything else
  • Opens MSConfig
  • Opens Task Manager
  • Download CCleaner to %appdata% and opens it once downloaded
  • Downloads Autoruns to %appdata% and opens it once downloaded
  • Downloads ShalliRemoveIT Portable to %appdata% at opens it once downloaded
  • Downloads Speccy to %appdata% at opens it once downloaded
  • Runs CheckDisk on C: Drive
  • Starts System File Checker sfc /scannnow
  • Opens Add and Remove Programs or appwiz.cpl
  • Checkswhether 32 or 64bit and downloads the correct roguekiller and executes after download completes
  • Runs Netstat -o 3
  • Downloads FarBar Recovery Scan Tool to the Desktop for easy location of the logs.
  • Downloads JRT to %AppData% and starts the application once the download is complete
  • Downloads ADWCleaner to %Appdata% and opens once complete
  • Downloads MiniToolBox to %appdata% and opens when downloaded
  • Downloads MalwareBytes to %appdata% at opens it once downloaded
  • Downloads TDSSKiller to %appdata% at opens it once downloaded

When the application is downloading the buttons become disabled and once complete re-enabled.

The ScreenShot:

J1JRSZm.png

Demo Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx3huiQjwos

The Virus Scan Results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1f7136555a98ee01b4345362a462b86c732d5bbe1a66cd6e5b673165cb7dd76f/analysis/1434515992/

The file size is only 251KB. Let me know if you have any suggestions or issues

Here is the download link
 (link removed) - The Website will be built soon

Its still a working progress and i am not a programmer but i hope you like it.

BTW, I know Chrome and Internet Explorer will say the file is a risk as its not frequently downloaded, as its new. Ill be fixing that later.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 June 2015 - 10:41 AM.
removed direct download link

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Not to be picky, but why there is FRST?

#3 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

Not to be picky, but why there is FRST?

Well i don´t actually use that but the new White Hat Sector of HF mainly recommend using FRST and thats why i added it. They use it to collect logs and the user posts them and so on....

Edited by TechyToolkit, 17 June 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#4 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:50 AM

But if anyone has any suggestions of features or software let me know.

#5 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

Edited by TechyToolkit, 18 June 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

I would suggest removing RogueKiller and FRST. Those are manual removal tools and is better to be left in the hands of an expert, not an all-around tech toolkit.

#7 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

I would suggest removing RogueKiller and FRST. Those are manual removal tools and is better to be left in the hands of an expert, not an all-around tech toolkit.

Thanks for your suggestion. As i said before though alot of the white hat sections of different forums use FRST and RogueKiller for collecting logs and diagnosing the problem. There are some changes coming soon including... autocheck disabled task manager e.t.c fixing it before running and also fixing .ink changes. I personally dont use either FRST or RogueKiller and prefer doing things hand on but I was requested to add these by a respectable member of the whitehat community on HF.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

Question...you DO have the permission of the different developers of those software tools...to use them as part of your project, correct?

Louis

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Just for kicks I picked one of the at random.

CCleaner.

Found this when reading the license agreement:

ANY USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IN A COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENT, AND ANY RESALE OR FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE, OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY THIS AGREEMENT, CONSTITUTES A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY VIOLATE APPLICABLE COPYRIGHT LAWS.

You may NOT repackage, translate, adapt, vary, modify, alter, create derivative works based upon, or integrate any other computer programs with, the Product in whole or in part.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

This is the problem with toolkits. You need to get the authorization of the software's author/publisher to include it anywhere else. We saw that recently with a certain program that acted as a "toolkit" as well.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

Malwarebytes agreement states

You may not combine this software with any third party script, application,
hardware or tools.

It also states you cannot distribute MBAM to a 3rd party.

In this case, the 3rd party will be those who would be downloading the toolkit.

Software which does not have a license agreement, such as FRST and MiniToolbox, are the property of the developers. You would still need their permission to include them.

#12 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah alright Miss Queen-Evie i get your point and yes wow I bow to thee.. I was only trying to create something to help technicians get the job done quicker and eventually If the toolkit was released properly i would have the permission (Isn't it just Pay-Per-Install for free?) So whatever.

Just to remind the Global Moderator the title of the thread '

Is this Toolkit any use?

Followed by the lines of 

I am currently working on building a tech/optimization toolkit that is very small and downloads each extra thing should you need it. Anyway I have attached the screen shot below, along with the virus scan link and also the download link should you wish to try it.

I know legally your right but you might as well just delete this user account and thread cause i cant be arsed arguing with power hungry mods about the legality of using a free toolkit to download free software WOW! Big deal.

I expect much thought will go into your whitty and patronizing reply as Ego is precious to you clearly, especially reading through my PM's. 

Edited by TechyToolkit, 20 June 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#13 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Yes, you did say you were working on building it. The fact remains that you included tools which you have no permission to use.

You posted a screenshot and the download link, both of which clearly shows those tools included.

You wanted feedback, we gave you feedback. You don't like what you were told.

Did you not notice that hamluis mentioned permissions first?

I don't make the rules. I do, however, enforce them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/user-agreement/ which you agreed to when you joined Bleeping Computer. It does not matter if you read it or not.

E) Content Restrictions.

When you create or make available a Contribution, you represent and warrant that you:

i.own or have sufficient rights to post your Contributions on or through this Site;

ii.will not post Contributions that violate our or any other person's privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyrights) or contract rights;

iii.have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to Contributions, agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of Contributions that you posted to or through this Site;

You do not have sufficient rights to post about tools in your toolkit since you do not have permission to use them since they are the property of the developers.

You certainly did not comply with any third-party licenses by including them.

Not much thought went into this reply.

As the messenger, I have been shot many times. I have always managed to walk away unscathed.

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:09 PM