Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any idea what the problem could be?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alston518

Alston518

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

Computer starts up, says loading windows, then goes to this bsod. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alston518

Alston518
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

Ok I can't get the pic to upload, but it's a bsod and it says "ntfs.sys" and under that "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

Start out with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

I suspect the hard drive (ntfs.sy is the file system on the hard drive) - so be sure to run the hard drive diagnostics.

Need to know the make and model of the computer and the Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) that you're using.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Alston518

Alston518
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Start out with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

I suspect the hard drive (ntfs.sy is the file system on the hard drive) - so be sure to run the hard drive diagnostics.

Need to know the make and model of the computer and the Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) that you're using.

If i can boot to linux running off of a flash drive without any problems, is that a sign that its not hardware related? I am thinking It is something with the hard drive, I tried to reinstall windows and it went to the same blue screen when booting to the cd

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

A bootable Linux distribution will run the OS from within your RAM.

While this doesn't mean the RAM is OK, it most often will be.

But, as it doesn't rely on your hard drive, the hard drive could still be a problem (as could other hardware)

Also, Linux uses different procedures/routines - so it may not use the hardware in exactly the same way as Windows does (so the errors may/may not be present - but it's still likely that they have a lot of similarities in operations).

In most Windows PC's, the CD/DVD drive uses the same controller as the hard drive.

I'd still suggest the bootable hard drive diagnostics.
If you can't do that, then the alternative is to try another hard drive in place of the one that you have now.

DO NOT purchase one unless you can return it for your money back - this is only a test, not a diagnostic result.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users