Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warcraft Or Everquest?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

i am going to play either everquest or world of warcraft.i need to know wich do you prefer?(i am not sure wich to play,i have never played world of warcraft before.and i have only played everquest for maybe 30minutes combined time.so im going to start playing one of them and would like to know wich one should i start playing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

I played the WoW trial thing they have, and I like it. I didn't like it enough to pay for it on a monthly basis, but then I'm very much against having to buy a subscription just to play a game. I've never played EQ, but I've seen it, and I personally like WoW better. I don't really have much to back that up, so it's not much use to you, it's just a personal opinion.

Posted Image

#3 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

i have untill tommorow to decide and as of right now im going to go with world of warcraft unless someone directs me towards everquest.lol.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

World of Warcraft, definately! I just think it's an all around better game than EQII and certainly FF XI.

3939.png

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

WOW has a very cartoony colorful feel to it but is done very realy with those types of graphics. EQ on the other hand has a more realistic gritty look to it.

I personally played EQ for a month, then tried WC, and stopped playing EQ. The reasons are that I liked the way it looked better in WC and it was easier to solo in my opinion.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

EQ is very pretty and will be fun to play for about five days after you install the nine disks, and if you have a state of the art computer for the graphics. I left EQ for WOW, not for the graphics, but for the game play. WOW is a much,much larger world to explore, and reflects programmers who understand that players do not need constant harassment by the programme to interfer with play enjoyment.
Three examples of poor game design:
1. You had to go into an instance to craft!
2. You had to remain In Your Room, to sell stuff.
3. Navigating through any town was laggy to the point of aggravation, and you had to wait when you moved from one instance to another.
They may have changed all that---hopefully and more---or nerfed the game to pieces but I will never play EQ again.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:47 PM

ok thanks everyone that really helped and yes i am going to go with WoW.when i get the game can someone maybe help me out a little?like teach me some controls and tips and things or is there like a tutorial type thing?

and how much is WoW a month?

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

Good choice, I think!
WOW is US 16.30 per month.
There are all sorts of on-line information about play on the WOW official website, as well as the unofficial ones. It pays spending some time there before playing, especially the information on professions, etc., and the game does (or did) come with a manual (some of which may be outdated by patches). The controls are very easy to learn and the interface is effortless.
Best advice I can give to a newbie is to join a good guild; more experienced members can help with quests and provide the latest information. A good character to begin with is a human Paladin (you get a free horse at level 40 and can fight as well as heal yourself and others, if you like to solo).

WOW is down on Tuesday mornings for service and update. Patches are released around once a month at the same time.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 08 July 2006 - 01:11 PM.

#9 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:41 PM

ok thanks that really helps,im going to read up on the game right now!

but what exactly does a horse do can you ride it?

#10 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

WOW is a HUGE place ( have been playing months and months and have not been to every location), and you will need to explore it well. All professions have rideable mounts, which greatly increase your movement speed---walking is fun, but not when you are in a hurry or have a long way to go---but with the exception of Paladins (I think) all other "mounts" at level 40 cost money (a substantial, but not over exorbitant amount).
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 08 July 2006 - 01:50 PM.

#11 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

i have another question,should i wait untill the beta is in stores and buy that or should i just start playing now?

#12 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

are the controls like EQ?or are they tottaly different?and is there more or less lag then on EQ?
sorry for all the questions.

#13 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

World of Warcraft is easier to use than EQ2. It's more intuitive. The game is constantly being updated and the Burning Crusade expansion will be out soon. If you like solo play WoW will be a very choice. Travelling through the game world is easy whether you use a mount or use other rapid transit options. The price for the game is not 16.30 per month it's 14.99 with various payment options.

3939.png

#14 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

I've been playing WoW for about 3 weeks now (i have 3 e-mail addy's, so that means 3 free trials :thumbsup:). It's easily one of the best MMORPG's i've played. It's a very nice experience, even if you don't join a guild or actively search for a group. WoW gives you the option of going solo or joining a party at any time.

I would DEFINATELY spend hours and hours playing it, but i'm just not someone that likes to pay for a subscription. If i had money to burn, sure i'd pay for it, but as it is now, there's no way i'm paying a monthly fee.

#15 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

well my copy of WoW came with one free month,and i cant find the code anywhere?were is it located does anyone know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users