Hello neptune chilcote,
I will suggest you to start the computer in safe mode and check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn't, then, it might be some other program or application, which runs in background, leading to this issue. Boot the computer into clean boot state and check for the exact application that could be causing this issue.
If you successfully boot up in safe mode - try to update the display driver on the computer and check if it helps.
- Press Windows and x key on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
- Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
- Locate the display driver.
- Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’. - Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to update the display driver.
If it turns out to be a hardware issue, best contact Toshiba or a specialist. Hope this was helpful, Citizen_WD
Edited by Citizen_WD, 17 June 2015 - 04:57 AM.