Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! =* (

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike87

Mike87

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:29 PM

Over the past few days my computer has been acting weird. Yesterday started with a few spyware/malware/virus scans,found a few things, and got rid of them.

After the computer continued to act weird (files moving to my desktop, panda online scan being stopped, winstasks being abruptly shut down, etc etc) I decided to look more carefully. I found that crss.exe is a known trojan in which is also in my process list!!! It is listed as a system process so I cannot remove it. When I try booting into safe-mode I get a blue screen of death like screen explaining that there was a serious error.

I tried to run hijackthis but it is abruptly shutdown as is wintasks.

Please help me!

EDIT: Oh... btw. My name is Mike. Sorry about my rudeness. Im just really worried about this sudden problem.

Edited by Mike87, 07 July 2006 - 07:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hi Mike, in the header above look for " Do you have popups or other malware infecting your computer? If so, Start Here!" and click on start here.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Mike87

Mike87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

Yes. I had tried all of that. This is not my first experience with a computer.

I fixed it on my own how-ever. I loaded the msconfig module and set my boot record to start in safe-mode, minimal, with another operating system. After that I used the command prompt to run hijackthis and saved the log.

I also managed to run some more scans on the computer and deleted the virus myself. I proceeded to restart the computer and noticed it had not re-appeared, so I ran explorer.exe, msconfig, then rebooted normally.

Thanks anyways! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users