Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ry12

ry12

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

A few weeks ago I bought a router to use it as a repeater and after many failed attempts I managed to make it work. My internet is fast and the signal is excellent, but I've been having issues still...

When I turn on my main computer I get no internet, ''limited or no connectivity'', I diagnosed connection problems with Internet Explorer and it gets temporarily fixed, only to lose connection a few minutes later. Sometimes it asks me to turn on and off the modem.

Other problems I encountered when I set up my repeater was that some devices, my smart phone and netbook don't work either, smart phone says it cant identify IP Address and netbook has the same issue ''limited or no connectivity''.

Other electronics work fine --so far-- but I don't know how long.

I could use some help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gramsca

Gramsca

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

Are you using wired or wireless connection? If it is wireless, how far away is the computer from the router? Try and disabling the windows firewall or any anti-virus programs. If this does not solve the issue, try going into the router settings from your browser and resetting it and checking to see if there is a setting messed up. Also, if you could provide make and model of the router, and make and model of networking card in your computer (do not hassle over trying to find this, if you cannot find it don't worry about it).

Cheers,

Brennan

#3 ry12

ry12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Are you using wired or wireless connection? If it is wireless, how far away is the computer from the router? Try and disabling the windows firewall or any anti-virus programs. If this does not solve the issue, try going into the router settings from your browser and resetting it and checking to see if there is a setting messed up. Also, if you could provide make and model of the router, and make and model of networking card in your computer (do not hassle over trying to find this, if you cannot find it don't worry about it).

Cheers,

Brennan

Hi and thnks for the reply!

I'm using wireless connection, there isn't much distance between the source and the repeater, my computer and the repeater are even closer and the signal strength is excellent. I don't think thats the problem, like for example.. right now i'm using the repeater and the internet is working very well, but sometimes it tells me I have limited or no connection, which is very strange because some other devices (consoles, apple, win7) have never encountered an issue, but my winXP, another tablet which is WinXP and a blackberry smart phone were unable to get signal.

I feel that the problem is coming from the devices, probably I have a missing plug in? The encryption code is AES, if that is of any help... The repeater is ASUS RT-N10, the source modem is technicolor.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users