Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVR Viewing Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mooncow67

mooncow67

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hey,

I work for a small business down in South Florida as the IT guy/MacGuyver. I have no schooling or anything but I've managed to maintain our environment fairly well, gotten server upgrades put into place, etc. 

Anyway, I have two DVRs locally. One is a Lorex and one is a NiteOwl. The way our network is set up we have our main connection to Comcast coming in (this router has a 192.168 IP range) and going into an Endian firewall (this has a 10.2.27 IP range). I'm trying to set up the DVRs so that I can view them on any computer in this office and eventually on the CEO's phone anywhere he goes. Difficulties with the mobile apps aside, one DVR has a 192.168.1.100 IP and the other has a 10.2.27.18 IP, I don't understand how they were assigned totally different ranges. Then, do I need to port forward both the Comcast router and the Endian firewall to be able to access these DVRs from an outside connection?

I've managed to get the Lorex (10.2.27.18) to be able to show up on any computer in the office that has the Lorex software installed, but the NiteOwl with its 192.168.1.100 IP I can't connect to. If I understand how its set up correctly the Comcast connection is before the Endian so the NiteOwl wouldn't be going through the firewall?

I'm very confused, if anyone has any suggestions or even just questions that might lead to better answers or better questions please feel free to respond.

I appreciate any time you spent reading this and any help you can give me, thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mooncow67

mooncow67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Okay, I've got both DVRs on the 10.2.27.252 DNS with static IPs, now I'm trying to access them from my phone on a mobile network. I believe I have all the ports forwarded through the Endian Firewall correctly, the Comcast router is just acting as an AP its not assigning IPs.

I still welcome any questions or comments, any different way of thinking is helpful.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Do a tracert yahoo.com and post the results for review.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users