Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(MLB) St. Louis Cardinals Allegedly Hacked System(s) Owned by Houston Astros

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 White Hat Mike

White Hat Mike

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

"WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors are investigating whether front-office officials for the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in baseball over the past two decades, hacked into internal networks of a rival team to steal closely guarded information about player personnel.

Investigators have uncovered evidence that Cardinals officials broke into a network of the Houston Astros that housed special databases the team had built, according to law enforcement officials. Internal discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports were compromised, the officials said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html

Edited by White Hat Mike, 16 June 2015 - 11:06 AM.

Information Security Engineer | Penetration Tester | Forensic Analyst

CipherTechs.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PresComm

PresComm

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

Mumble, mumble, something, something, reusing passwords, COUGH!

Anyway...

Out of the hundres of entries that hit my Feedly everyday, I tend to just shake my head at most things, including this incident... until I walked in the door after work and ESPN Sports Center was all abuzz with this story.

When Sports Center is covering hacking, you know that it has become ubiquitous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users