Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Zydus

Zydus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hello all!

I am having some reoccurring issues with my Toshiba satellite P775.

The most recent issue that i've been having is when windows tries to install updates on restart. Windows begins the download process but then prompts that the updates are not compatible and reverts the changes. But my laptop doesn't restart it just continues to try and reinstall the incompatible updates until my laptop blue screens. In the past 3 or 4 days my laptop has blue screened 2 or 3 times.

Before this I was having a similar issue where there would be no updates that windows required but my computer would start hanging randomly and when i would restart it would take FOREVER to do so.

Im using the event viewer to find errors prior to this update and also because i can't remember the error code from the blue screen. I think the error code had something to do with power drivers? I cant remember T_T
 HALP! PLZZ!

Event Viewer

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date:          6/16/2015 12:23:40 AM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Shadow
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-16T04:23:40.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>137342</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Shadow</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      System
Source:        Service Control Manager
Date:          6/16/2015 10:21:16 AM
Event ID:      7001
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Shadow
Description:
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-16T14:21:16.091532600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>306281</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="572" ThreadID="1944" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Shadow</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">Computer Browser</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Server</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">%%1068</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder

-  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

The user above has this covered but I do have a UpdateFix Bat file I made quite a while ago... perhaps someone can look through it and/or see if it helps

@echo off
title Windows Update Repair Tool - by TechyTookit
:: Created by: techietoolkit
:: http://www.techietoolkit.com

echo:
echo:    
echo:
echo             +----------------------------------------------------+ 
echo             ¦            Windows Update Repair Tool              ¦           
echo             ¦----------------------------------------------------¦  
echo             ¦  Techie Toolkit         º    Last Updt: 10/06/2015 ¦
echo             ¦                                                    ¦
echo             ¦   Description                                      ¦
echo             ¦   Reset and Re-register Windows Update Components  ¦
echo             ¦   AND Reset Update History only for Vista/7/8      ¦
echo             ----------------------------------------------------+
echo:            
echo:
echo:
pause
CLS
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo  Please wait for the registration process to complete.
echo  This make take several minutes.

net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
rmdir %windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
cd /d %windir%\system32
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32.exe /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32.exe /s browseui.dll
regsvr32.exe /s jscript.dll
regsvr32.exe /s vbscript.dll
regsvr32.exe /s scrrun.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml3.dll
regsvr32.exe /s msxml6.dll
regsvr32.exe /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32.exe /s softpub.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wintrust.dll
regsvr32.exe /s dssenh.dll
regsvr32.exe /s rsaenh.dll
regsvr32.exe /s gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe /s sccbase.dll
regsvr32.exe /s slbcsp.dll
regsvr32.exe /s cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32.exe /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s ole32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s shell32.dll
regsvr32.exe /s initpki.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wups.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wups2.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuweb.dll
regsvr32.exe /s qmgr.dll
regsvr32.exe /s qmgrprxy.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wucltux.dll
regsvr32.exe /s muweb.dll
regsvr32.exe /s wuwebv.dll
regsvr32 /s wudriver.dll
netsh winsock reset
net start bits
net start wuauserv
bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers
echo:
echo:    
echo:
echo             +----------------------------------------------------+ 
echo             ¦         Windows Update Repair Tool Finished        ¦           
echo             ¦ Created by TechieToolkitº    Last Updt: 19/09/2013 ¦
echo             ¦   Reset via remote software                        ¦
echo             ¦   In order for changes to take effect restart      ¦
echo             ¦   Have a lovely day                                ¦
echo             ----------------------------------------------------+
echo:            
echo:
echo:
pause
CLS

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

I'm a bit concerned over these entries:

rmdir %windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q  <-- I'm not concerned over this single line

sc.exe sdset bits D :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

Could you explain the other 3 lines? 

For the first line, I'm confused about All Users vs Public folders (there's some degree of backwards compatibility, but I can't seem to make it work). 

As for the 3rd and 4th lines - I have no idea what they're doing other than setting a security descriptor of some sort.

The rest of the file seems pretty standard to me (and it may even be missing some elements that I can't recall).  You may want to work with the folks over at the Sysnative Windows Updates forum:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/

Just for my own info - have you tested this on Win10 yet?

EDIT:  I attempted to open http://www.techietoolkit.com and got a completely blank page?

Edited by usasma, 17 June 2015 - 10:13 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

I'm a bit concerned over these entries:

rmdir %windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q  <-- I'm not concerned over this single line

sc.exe sdset bits D :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D :(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

Could you explain the other 3 lines? 

For the first line, I'm confused about All Users vs Public folders (there's some degree of backwards compatibility, but I can't seem to make it work). 

As for the 3rd and 4th lines - I have no idea what they're doing other than setting a security descriptor of some sort.

The rest of the file seems pretty standard to me (and it may even be missing some elements that I can't recall).  You may want to work with the folks over at the Sysnative Windows Updates forum:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/

Just for my own info - have you tested this on Win10 yet?

Ill have to check out all the source on where i got it from later. No i havent check on windows 10 yet. Im pretty sure i took all this from microsoft website and tbh I was hoping a higher tier tech would know what its doing...

Dont worry im not trying to anything dodgy.. I have used this script many times and its always been fine..I just didnt want to say "use it" just incase.

Ill find it... brb

#6 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

OK found it.. the majority of the bat script is from here:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Dos-Command-Line-Batch-to-fb07b159

It was a while ago though... If its too much hastle scrap my input completely 

Edited by TechyToolkit, 17 June 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Not a problem.  I've seen similar on the web, but I'm not a Windows Update expert.

All of the stuff seems pretty straightforward to me - it's just those 3 lines I'm uncertain about.

I'm just being cautious, and won't hesitate to say that it's OK if it is.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to research it myself, so I'm asking you to explain it to me.

I'll be offline in a few minutes - I have to go out and do yard work.

#8 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Not a problem.  I've seen similar on the web, but I'm not a Windows Update expert.

All of the stuff seems pretty straightforward to me - it's just those 3 lines I'm uncertain about.

I'm just being cautious, and won't hesitate to say that it's OK if it is.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to research it myself, so I'm asking you to explain it to me.

I'll be offline in a few minutes - I have to go out and do yard work.

haha ok enjoy your yard work. Ill try find out about them 3 lines. Im not a windows update expert either but that script fixed most of update issues on vista and 7 as i was using it in an old toolkit i made. But better be safe than sorry so its time to start digging....

Oh bleep now Aura is watching this... dam

Edited by TechyToolkit, 17 June 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the link.  I found the lines and they've been "REM"d out

With a batch file this means that they aren't run.

Here's the section with the REM stuff (I've bolded the 3 lines we discussed):

REM @echo 3. Renaming AU cache folder and log file... 
REM del /f /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" 
REM ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution *.bak 
REM ren %SystemRoot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak 
REM ren %SystemRoot%\WindowsUpdate.log *.bak 

REM sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU) 
REM sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

This makes your script like so (I REM'd out the 3 lines):

@echo off
title
Windows Update Repair Tool - by TechyTookit
:: Created by: techietoolkit
:: http://www.techietoolkit.com

echo:
echo:
echo:
echo +----------------------------------------------------+
echo ¦ Windows Update Repair Tool ¦
echo ¦----------------------------------------------------¦
echo ¦ Techie Toolkit º Last Updt: 10/06/2015 ¦
echo ¦ ¦
echo ¦ Description ¦
echo ¦ ¦
echo ¦ Reset and Re-register Windows Update Components ¦
echo ¦ AND Reset Update History only for Vista/7/8 ¦
echo ----------------------------------------------------+
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause
CLS
echo
:
echo:
echo:
echo Please wait for the registration process to complete.
echo This make take several minutes.

net stop bits
net stop wuauserv

REM Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
rmdir %windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q
REM sc
.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
REM sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
cd /d %windir%\system32
regsvr32
.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s browseui.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s jscript.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s vbscript.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s scrrun.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s msxml.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s msxml3.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s msxml6.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s softpub.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wintrust.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s dssenh.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s rsaenh.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s sccbase.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s slbcsp.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s ole32.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s shell32.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s initpki.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wups.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wups2.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wuweb.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s qmgr.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s qmgrprxy.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wucltux.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s muweb.dll
regsvr32
.exe /s wuwebv.dll
regsvr32
/s wudriver.dll
netsh winsock reset
net start bits
net start wuauserv
bitsadmin
.exe /reset /allusers
echo
:
echo:
echo:
echo +----------------------------------------------------+
echo ¦ Windows Update Repair Tool Finished ¦
echo ¦ Created by TechieToolkitº Last Updt: 19/09/2013 ¦
echo ¦ ¦
echo ¦ Reset via remote software ¦
echo ¦ ¦
echo ¦ In order for changes to take effect restart ¦
echo ¦ Have a lovely day ¦
echo ----------------------------------------------------+
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause
CLS

Still don't know what the purpose of those 3 lines were - but REMing them out should be OK.

Good luck!

#10 Zydus

Zydus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?
Windows 7

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?

64-bit

· What was original installed OS on system?

Windows 7

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?

The OS was an OEM and was preinstalled on my system.

· Age of system (hardware)

3-4 years

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?

Unsure of when initial installation was performed.

I have NOT re-installed the OS

· CPU

"Sandy Bridge" Intel core I7

· Video Card
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)

· System Manufacturer

Toshiba

· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

P775-57320

· Laptop or Desktop?
Laptop

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

I found the article that cites the other 3 lines.  It's Microsoft KB971058:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

The entire batch file posted by TechyToolkit seems OK to me.

Have you tried any of the Windows Update fixes that we posted?

Has it helped to fix things for you?

Could you please upload the reports that were described in the link that I posted earlier?

Here it is again:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#12 Zydus

Zydus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

ok i just did the dump its attached

and yes the windows update fixer seemed to work i was able to restart without a problem hopefully this can shed some light on whats happening.

Like i had mentioned before in my OP this happens sporatically and its not always when windows needs to update.

Attached Files

Edited by Zydus, 18 June 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

Perfmon shows problems with:

- Toshiba PC Health Monitor and

-  AntiLog32 (info on this here:  http://community.norton.com/en/forums/antilog32 )

Please uninstall the Toshiba PC Health Monitor and the Norton Security Suite

Then reboot and generate a new perfmon report to ensure that the errors are removed.

Be sure to install another antivirus for protection and also ensure that the Windows Firewall is the only firewall that's turned on.

Your BIOS/UEFI dates from 2012, please update it at the Toshiba Support website (if an update is available).

You have been having BSOD's, but haven't been capturing memory dumps.  The latest one was on 18 June 2015

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - We're also looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

#14 Zydus

Zydus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Ok so i was able to uninstall Norton but I can't unistall the Toshiba PC health monitor everytime i try to uninstall from the control panel windows prompts me that the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. And i also updated the Bios through Toshiba and that was succesful.

Here are the administrative event errors

Attached Files

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

Use this to uninstall Norton:  https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Holy Smokes!!!  Hundreds and hundreds (actually, it's probably thousands) of these errors of the last 2 days!!!

The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Try this to restore the services:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

But, I'd have to wonder about the damage to the system - and how long you want to mess with this (I anticipate spending a lot of time on this problem, and that may not even fix it).

If not, then it's time to consider backing up your stuff and preparing to do a reinstall of Windows.

You can also try a repair install of Win7 using this procedure:  http://www.maximumpc.com/how-to-repair-a-faulty-windows-installation-without-reformatting/

Edited by usasma, 20 June 2015 - 04:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users