Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Calendar of Updates and Dozleng.com no longer exist

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/cou-calendar-of-updates-user-forum-is-down.373793/page-4#post-2499059

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

It's a shame really. Even yesterday I was still referring to Calendar of Updates for its Hall of Shame list. Anyone knows if someone is going to start a new project, similar to that?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 keithy397

keithy397

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

It's a shame really. Even yesterday I was still referring to Calendar of Updates for its Hall of Shame list. Anyone knows if someone is going to start a new project, similar to that?

Yeah, I miss it.  Real bummer.

Cheers

Keith

#4 Mike.Tech

Mike.Tech

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/cou-calendar-of-updates-user-forum-is-down.373793/

Edited by Mike.Tech, 18 June 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

Mike, you just posted a link to the same thread as the one posted in the OP.

Edit: I think you meant to link this post.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/cou-calendar-of-updates-user-forum-is-down.373793/page-6#post-2499965

Edited by Aura., 18 June 2015 - 11:47 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Mike.Tech

Mike.Tech

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

I don't know where I'm up to, Aura. Thanks.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

#8 Haroldo

Haroldo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

It's a shame really. ...Anyone knows if someone is going to start a new project, similar to that?

Greetings.

I was one of the 'founders' of the site (I was user #2) and for a while was one of the admins

The originator of the site, Donna, passed away far too young about five?? years ago

I became much less active after her passing and stepped away a few years ago.

I used to visit occasionally to check in and noticed a few threads along the lines of "should we keep the site up and running?"
With many anti-malware programs automatically updating visitors no longer needed to find out if they were 'up to date'.

Further, some programs released updates multiple times a day, thus updating the calendar became a labor intensive chore, with fewer volunteers willing to help out (I used to do it...but eventually found it too tedious, so I stopped).

The forums had a core group (maybe 10-20?) visitors, but, I guess, not enough other traffic to justify the cost.

It was fun.

Thanks for the kind thoughts 

Edited by Haroldo, 22 June 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

I used Calendar of Updates a lot for the "Hall of Shame" when it comes to bundled installers. It's really a shame (no puns intended) that this list is now gone, because it was one of the most useful list that you could find on the web.

I really hope that some kind of "project" tries to replace Calendar of Update or at least make its legacy lives but if it doesn't happen, I'll understand as well. And thank you for all these years with Calendar of Updates.

unite_blue.png

#10 Triple Helix

Triple Helix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

Calendar of Updates is now back Online under old a new Management at www.calendarofupdates.org

Thanks,

Daniel :bananas: :bananas:

Edited by Triple Helix, 21 August 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

It looks great :) Already signed up and contributing when I can.

unite_blue.png

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

Thank you for sharing that news Triple Helix.

Best of luck with the new site.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

This is wonderful news! Thank you Triple Helix.

R.I.P. ~ Donna. Your Legacy lives on.......

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users