Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

False Adwcleaner quarantined 13 pages of data.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hi there,

AdwCleaner logs have the name of either AdwCleaner[R#] for scan logs or AdwCleaner[S#] for cleaning logs, with # is a number.

Please post the AdwCleaner[S#] with the largest number - the log you just posted was back from May 14th.

Regards,
Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

The 2 logs I have posted is all there is. They are from a backup. The HD has been formatted for the new OEM Windows software to install. But the windows disk could not boot the computer because there is no bios. How do you put the bios back in a windows 8 motherboard? Is their a software component in the 8 bios?  a new motherboard is over $300 and that may not fix it. Im stumped! Thanks for the Help.

#18 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

How do you know that there's no BIOS present on the computer? When you boot it, do you see your computer manufacturer logo, or the motherboard logo? And I doubt that the fake AdwCleaner was really "erasing" the BIOS from the computer.

Edited by Aura., 16 June 2015 - 10:42 AM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#19 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

Hi Aura, I was thinking what if the video card died on the reboot and I could not see that something was happening. I took out the video card and pluged into the onboard video to no avail. This is my friends computer that I recomended to him, it is just like mine. They have a EFI Bios, I dont know anything about them, i know about the old kind. What mine does it beeps twice the hard drive spins for less than a second the big lenovo sign comes up, and after about 3 seconds of that the HD spins and in less than 1 second it's at the desktop. I have a SSD. in that less than 1 second is when you have to hold down F1 to boot into restore mode. I cant do it on mine, I hate the EFI bios. The broken computer beeps twice the hard drive Activity light is on for less than a second, then the light blinks onece every 3 seconds. If the bios was present the HD should be active (mabe).

I dont think AdwCleaner trashed the bios by it's self. AdwCleaner was shuting down the computer when Windows update said dont turn off the power it was up dating. AdwCleaner shut it down any way, then on reboot windows could have tried to install the updates that were interupted? Whitch made AdwCleaner Quarantine 13 pages of the same stuff that is on the log. I don't know what happened I'm just gussing. But still this should not have killed the mother board or where ever the EFI bios lives, you would think it could be replaced. If I bought a new mother board would it have an intact bios or is their more to this.

#20 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

So you hear 2 beeps? Long beeps or short beeps? Also, if you remove the hard drive and boot the computer, do you still hear these beeps? At this point we aren't dealing with a malware issue but an hardware one.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#21 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

The beeps are very short both together are less than 1 second, not an error code. I bought a used mother board, it was DOA, the computer did nothing with that board, i'm sending it back. I did try to boot it without the HD to see if the bios would talk to me, no response. I didn't pay attension to the beeps. My working computer does the same thing.

#22 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

Is it a custom built computer, or a pre-built? If it's custom, what's the motherboard brand and model, and if it's a pre-built, what's the computer brand and model?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#23 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

It is pre-built.

LENOVO IdeaCentre K450 DeskTop

Configeration Number 57315522

CPU Intel I5 4430 3.00

HD 1T

Ram 12G

#24 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:24 AM

Do you have an AMI BIOS, or an Award BIOS? Do you know or not?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#25 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:30 AM

This win 8 computer has a UEFI Bios.

#26 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:35 AM

UEFI is a type of BIOS, not a "make" (if I can call it like that). I saw in your user manual that you need to press F1 on boot to get in the BIOS Setup Utility. It doesn't do anything?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#27 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

No none of the f keys work. I have found this page, I will tell you if it worked. I sure value your help Thank You Very Much.

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/how-to-solve-uefi-boot-and-startup-problems/

#28 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

Did it give anything?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#29 Relaxing

Relaxing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

No, artical said to take to take it to Lenovo Support.

#30 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

Artical? Don't you mean article?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users