Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make computer run faster with FRAPS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EdTheN3rd

EdTheN3rd

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

So the other day I wanted to start recording videos for youtube, so today I bought FRAPS, and started recording.  So I get on my game, runs smooth all the time, and start to record.  Right as I click "F9" to record , the game gets very laggy.  What internal hardware would I need to make the game run faster with FRAPS?  This is my computer.

Edited by EdTheN3rd, 15 June 2015 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike.Tech

Mike.Tech

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

In my experience, Hard drive writing speed was the main killer, especially if not using a different recording drive. Try using smaller screen size, or grab rate (in fraps settings)and see if it improves. That's what I had to do.

#3 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

Yeah I agree with the statement above and I used to have alot of problems recording gameplay. The solution i found was the same solution as recording audio and that´s using multiple scratch drives to save the clog-up on the read/write on the HD.

I run all OS and Standard software from SSD

Run Games, VST´s, Plugins e.t.c on a 2TB Internal Drive

and then save audio/video & graphics to my 2nd 2tb HD.

The main issue your having is with HD speeds I would guess  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users