Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 on USB No boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluelulu

bluelulu

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Ok I need to reinstall windows with a usb drive, I used img brun to make a iso file from the window dvd then usb image to write the usb drive it went good md5 are the same but it won't boot I also try rufus but it was also no boot the computer support usb booting but the dvd drive died so it usb only I currently have Linux on this PC but going back to window 7 that came with it . :bounce:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

Seems strange this ... OK well maybe I would suggest trying to use YUMI as it seems to be one you haven´t tried. Make sure the USB device is selected a primary boot drive or use boot selection on startup.

#3 bluelulu

bluelulu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thank you I got it with rufus at first rufus didn't work but try it later and it did usb image came back reporting the md5 was the same but what it really did was wipe clean the partition table.

#4 TechyToolkit

TechyToolkit

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Thank you I got it with rufus at first rufus didn't work but try it later and it did usb image came back reporting the md5 was the same but what it really did was wipe clean the partition table.

Excellent, its fixed anyway... thats all that matters. Enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users