Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard sometimes not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fitzy04

fitzy04

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hello again all,

So, recently, I found out that my keyboard works most of the time but sometimes, it just stops. And it always seems to be at a certain point. This is my work computer/keyboard and it seems to happen when I'm logged into a remote computer (using remote software, NOT RDP, that requires me to log into a web page, then find the computer I want to connect to, click connect, then I'm presented with another log in screen but this log in screen is for the computer, meaning I can sign in with any account (domain or local) that is saved to that remote computer). The problem happens when, for some reason, I get booted off the remote computer (whether it's internet disconnected on the remote computer, rebooting remote computer, whatever the case that I lose connection to the remote computer) and I have to log back in (to the remote computer, NOT the website). When at the login screen for the remote computer, it seems my letters and numbers work but my special characters (!, @, #, $, %, etc) and my enter key does not work. Then, I click on the Start button to bring up the menu with the text box and none of my keys work. This requires me to log off my computer (not even shut it down, just log off) and log back in, then it works again.

Computer specs are below.

Dell Optiplex 780

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Dell keyboard (model KB212-B)

This happened with my last keyboard as well and this Dell keyboard came straight from the box (no one has touched it until me). I've also tried changing USB ports but still have the problem. And I've tried reloading the keyboard driver (which probably wouldn't do much since I've traded out keyboards so the computer would have installed the driver for the new keyboard anyway).

Not an urgent issue. I can continue working with it like this, just looking for a reason and a possible solution.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Did you try a different keyboard...to see if the same thing now occurs?

Louis-

#3 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

I did. I had a Logitech keyboard when this started happening and I traded it out for this Dell keyboard.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

Frankly, this does not sound like a hardware problem.  Do any other computers at your work have the same problem?

What is the remote software that you're using?

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

I figured it wasn't hardware because I've replaced the keyboard already. My guess is possibly a Windows Update issue. But it's weird that it doesn't do it it a certain time or after a certain amount of time that the computer is on but seems to always be when I get disconnected from a remote computer with this software. And I've used this software for the past 2 years. Nothing has changed. And I know 2 other people in the company that use this software and they told me they don't have this issue.

The remote software is Continuum ITSupport247, hosted by Chameleon Network Services, Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users