Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help building PC! First time doing so.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 riquediz

riquediz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hello, After some though, i decided to go with creating a desktop for the first time. However, i do not have a clue how to set it up (I will learn tho) and don't know much on how to make one either. I need it for playing WoW, maybe some other games but i doubt it, surf the web, and sometimes school work. This is what i made by surfing through the web and picking suggestions:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RqBTTW 

If you guys have anything to say about please do! I need help so anything would be great! The price is pretty high at the moment IMO, so maybe i will switch something out.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheLaughingITMann

TheLaughingITMann

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:32 PM

Your PCPartPicker link isn't working.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

Try to post a different link to your build so that we can all check it out.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,321 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

Working Parts Link

Going to a mechanical drive and a lower video card are about the only places you can cut.

Edited by Kilroy, 15 June 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#5 riquediz

riquediz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Hi,

Here is the link http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RqBTTW, or you can see it from Kilroy's post. BTW thanks Kilroy. However, i actually made some calculations and i am actually able to afford all. If you have any other suggestions please tell me!

Thanks!

Edited by riquediz, 15 June 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#6 TheLaughingITMann

TheLaughingITMann

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hi,

Here is the link http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RqBTTW, or you can see it from Kilroy's post. BTW thanks Kilroy. However, i actually made some calculations and i am actually able to afford all. If you have any other suggestions please tell me!

Thanks!

Okay, had a chance to look through it finally.

For school, surfing the web, watching movies, listening to music, you can get away with virtually any PC. If you want to play WoW (as a certainty), you don't need such a behemoth of a video card for it. You can go down to a 1GB DDR5 video card, maybe 2GB tops and run WoW at the highest possible settings without breaking a sweat. Beyond that, you're pretty futureproofed with an i5 4th gen at 3.5GHz and 8gb ram, a good sized SSD...I would downgrade the 970 Superclocked 4GB video card and go with maybe a high rated card that's running 1GB, 2GB max if you want to save some money now...and if you're going to store any sort of personal data, and it ain't movies or music, add in a mechanical HDD (500GB's are usually $50 or less, easy; I recommend WD's Blue or Blacks). If you do that, you can get the build below the $1,000 range and be pretty well established with a good gaming rig.

TL;DR translation: downgrade your video card since you don't need a high end one for WoW (but you will for future games; recommend 1-2GB tops), add in a mechanical HDD for personal data backup...the rest looks pretty solid for a long-term investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users